Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday, November 8th, 2006

Yesterday I did a quick 3km's (2-ish miles for the recalcitrant non-metric readers) arond the block of the gym before going in and doing some shoulder and back work.

This afternoon I'll go for a 6k/4miles run.

I woke up late this morning after a very late night,and immediately after switching on the tv,I felt as though I was being assaulted.

Do the networks not understand their own abilities to pummel our senses with needless graphic imagry-or is this part of some conspiracy to turn us into a punch-drunk, dribble stained compliant populace without the strength to question and critique what is presented to us?

Did they pay no attention to the psychologists who questioned the showing of heinous acts of violence against humanity over and over again,disecting each and every aspect of the horrendus incident?

I DON'T CARE ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS AND K-FED!!

Sadly,my torture hasn't ended there.
By some cosmic misalignment of the planets, I found myself listening to a commericial radio station-and they played, 'Don't give up'

A beautiful song. I've always liked it.Until now.
Because, it seems that someone in that little world we never venture to,the one which sits somewhere between "former soapie star" music and that crazy frog 'song'..SOMEONE had the brain fart to replace the soaring vulnerabilties of Peter Gabriels vocals and the quiet, melodic reassurance of Kate Bush with....


SHANNON KNOLL
(previous second place winner of Australian Idol) and
NATALIE BASTHINGSWAITE (lead singer of incredibly horrid band who steals riffs and tries to sound like Republica)

It's supposed to sound like :
"though I saw it all around
never thought I could be affected
thought that we'd be the last to go
it is so strange the way things turn"

NOT:
'thow eye sore it awl arownd
nevuh thawt eye cood bee yafekted
thawt that wee's bey thu larst tew gow
eet iz sow straynj thu way thengs terrn"

I tell you. It's the worst pairing since the halcion days of Brits and K-Fed.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mileage conversion but no fair using big words I don't understand...luv taggie.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Wanda Ring said...

ANYTHING, for someone who looks so hot in maroon taggie ;)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home