Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday, November 19th, 2006

It was Saturday, November 18th.
The afternoon breeze lapped the suburbs like a cat at it's milk bowl.
I was dressed in my red shorts and white tank-ready to head out the door for an easy 10k.At least,that is until I got to the hallway.

That's where it all fell apart.

Up until that point my resolve had been strong,but,every ounce of strength I had ebbed away within the blink of my eye,the stroke of my tongue along my lips as my eyes rested on your inviting form.

Yeah, I weakened.Maybe I've always been weak.Maybe what people say is true.
I've been around the block a few times.I'm no angel.But still,I thought I could walk past.

I hated the touch. I could feel myself still trying to resist,however weakly,as you approached my moistened mouth.
But I didn't stop.
When you finally entered me, I was completely yours.

It was over as soon as it started,and after some minor adjustments, I was out the door,back,I thought, to my cool and steely disassociation.

It was nothing-just a momentary lapse-it meant nothing.

But no further had I taken 20 steps,and I felt the unease creep in.

WHY hadn't I resisted?
WHY did I have to give myself so willingly,so compliantly.
WHY couldn't I at least have waited.Letting the thoughts bubble and perculate that maybe I didn't want/need you.

WHY OH WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU!

With my heart,heavy with dread,and my stomach turning,I knew that,that crazy dichotomy that is you-your luscious sweetness partnered with your firm exterior,is something that will always bring me to my knees.

But I ran.Yeah,I ran till I felt you no more.
I ran,till you were completely out of my system!
GONE I TELL YA..GONE!

And you know what else? When I got home,I ate the last of the fruit mince pies so that never again, would I be tempted to eat another one before a run and feel nauseated for 6km's.NEVER AGAIN!!


Next time,I'll eat it 30 minutes before my run.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as addictions go - mince pies are a new one for me. I like the strength of your resolution - eating 30 mins before you go out. That's the spirit! Who said you can't have your cake and eat it too?

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is mince pie?? Is that some commie food thing?

taggie

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that a non-American such as yourself has so successfully captured the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday...DanQ

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home