Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fwee Woger!


Monday-30 min bike;30min circuit weights
Tuesday-15km easy
Wednesday-rest
Thursday-8km (should have been 10)
Friday-Pilates
Saturday-6.5km
Sunday-21km (should have probably done 28 )
Monday-15min bike;40min swim
Tuesday-8km easy


I had a pretty easy week last week.I ran out of legs on Wednesdays run.I felt pretty good for my long run on Sunday,but decided to make it only 21 km as I was running in the evening and ran out of light,and well,what can I say..I'm wussy!


I'm not pushing hard this week either.I'd like to have a good race on Sunday.I don't expect to break any records,but,I just want to feel as though I saved it all for that day and hurled it all out across the route!

So to speak.

I am thinking the sports beans and I don't mix well. I only took 4 during my run on Sunday as opposed to around half a packet,and I didn't end my run feeling nauseous and tired! I don't know what the difference is in sugar,but, I think I'll go back to the gels I used last year.

~~~~~~~

It would be remiss of me not to coment on the Ben Cousins saga. The Eagle fallen from grace and landing in the bosom of 'substance abuse'.

He used to be my favourite you know,and, I like to think I can understand where he is right now.

I too was a substance abuser.Yes,that's right.
For many months I could barely make it through an afternoon without ripping open a tube of Starburst chews.

My fingers fumbling as they unwrapped the first fruity square.

So,yes,I too have travelled in that gloomy vortex!

And it's because of that experience that I can unequivocally say that I can forgive Ben for his addiction.


HOWEVER..I can't forgive him for THAT hair!

For the love of all that is Vidal Sassoon ,Ben!

If you aren't yet ready to check yourself into rehab..at LEAST send your hair!!







~~~~~~~



And finally,a comment on our illustrious foreign minister, Alexander Downer,who has been popping up all over the telly today because long term australian Guantanamo resident, David Hicks, has pleaded 'guilty,yes guilty,anything to get me out of this hellhole' .



Good old Al has always reminded me of one of those tossers from that show "Brideshead Revisited"

You know..the blokes with the boat hats and the white SLACKS and knitted vests.


So here is my Teddybear Downer impersonation.



"WELL, I think that Hicks chappy is weally horrid.In fact Teddy hasn't slept a wink since I told him that people like David Hicks would pull his little button eyes awf and stuff them somewhere unmentionable.

I've been to Bali you know and I know the DISTWESS that can happen when someone moves your banana louwnge chair without even ASKING!..and so I can weally weally understand the howwor of tewowism and why people like him should be made to suffer unmentionawable punishment like...toastie soldiers that are cut too thick so that you can't dip them into your wunny egg!

HE'S JUST..HOWID!"







3 Comments:

Blogger JH said...

I blame Adelaide. There's no middle ground there - you're either an inbred mass-murdering footie fan or an upper-class boarding schooled twit.

I don't mean to stereotype an entire city, but it is true, isn't it?

Oh, and if you're going to hurl on Sunday, try to wait until you get to the Bolte bridge and make sure you face to the right. Maybe you can hit one of the rich bastards at Docklands.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Are you running in Perth tinkle? My number is 5108 - keep an eye out for me. I'll be one of the very last 10km runners. Hoping to beat 85 minutes.

You can go around twice and help me home!!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Actually - just had a change of number for Sunday. I was issued a 5km number by mistake.

I'm number 825. One of the last numbers, one of the last finishers. Hee hee - notice I said FINISHER!!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home