Monday, January 22, 2007

shake,shake..

Sunday: 18km
Monday:x Train;30min bike,30min arctrainer
Tuesday: Yasso 800s.4x 4.20
Wednesday:9km
Thursday:4km + 4x100m strides
Friday: Pilates
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 12km run

A wide person has advised me to do Yassos.
I know he is wise because he has short legs.

Yesterday, I ran past a group of blokes fishing.Under the fortress of my visor I saw one of them glance towards me and then he started singing 'Shake,shake,shake that ass'
At first I thought nothing of it.
Then I thought it was a comment on my boobs.
THEN I thought it was a comment on..MY ARSE!!!

So,I quickly stopped thinking about it.

Did you know you can get loans specifically for cosmetic surgery?
Pretty soon we will create entire societies where everyone walks arund looking disturbingly similar.
Kinda like in Tasmania except it will be caused by widespread plastic surgery.

And somewhere, in a seedy part of the neighbourhood,someone will walk into a surgeons office and ask for a hooked nose and droopy breasts.

I have decided that 'chi' running may be kinda..chite
It's not that it's advocating anything BAD,but I suddenly reaslised when I was reading my 'Marathon for Dummies' book and my old magazines that leaning forward when running is not a new technique.
And in fact, I think I've always done it,it's just that now I'm aware of it!

I am lucky enough not to have suffered any on-going injuries,so,even though I feel too slow,maybe,I at least run with good form.
I also think my stiff lower back from a week ago was caused by me trying to lean further forward and arching my back too far.
Since I quit trying to do that,and just run relaxed and allinged,it's cleared up!

But,I really do think that running in tap shoes makes sense.
It's the rhythm,you see. It awakens our primeval instinct to run to the beat of our tribal drum or..our deep seeded desire to out dance Shirley Temple.

Now here's a treat.
Look at this picture.Look to the left of the television antennae and you should just make out a very faint ball of light.

THAT is the Mcnaught comet!

Can you see it?..Cross yer eyes a little!


Now wipe your nose print off the screen, get your tap shoes on and get the chi't running.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

The whole concept of plastic surgery loans is scary! We went to an expo last year and the first thing you got when you walked in the door were loan application forms for surgery!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

AH, no more gazing at the nights sky. I've finally seen the comet. Thanks!

MAR.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

PS: It does not snow (or anything remotely like it) here - I'd have to drive at least 4hrs south and that would have to be in the middle of winter!!

MAR.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about the new job from Dan The Buttman. Congrats!! Looking forward to more coolness from everyone's favorite Aussie anarchist!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home