Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Have I mentioned my superduperpowers?

Monday;Rest
Tuesday; 6km tempo run

I am becoming obsessed with running faster times.I have never really programed speed work into my training but Im really trying to do so as part of my summer training.
I would like to improve my overall times this year!
At work we have a asked members to write up what their goals for 2007 are.
I wrote 'To run the Gold Coast Marathon',so,I HAVE to do it now!

I have to be very diligent about putting my weekly $50 in the kitty which will go towards paying for accomodation.

$50 would buy a lotta chuppa chups you know.
Must.resist.temptation.

~~~~~~~~~
Well, I got all willy nilly with my superduperpowers.
Yesterday I mentioned that Mark 'the poo' Phillipousis should give the game away and just be full time eye candy,and today what happens?
"PERTH, Australia: Former U.S. Open and Wimbledon finalist Mark Philippoussis said Wednesday he requires right knee surgery after tearing cartilage during a Hopman Cup match.
Philippoussis had to retire Tuesday while trailing 4-1 in the first set against Jerome Haehnel of France. After arriving at a Perth hospital in a wheelchair Wednesday morning, an MRI scan showed Philippoussis has torn the lateral meniscus cartilage in his right knee.
The injury to the shock-absorbing cartilage in the knee rules the 30-year-old Australian player out of a potential wild card entry into the Australian Open beginning Jan. 15 in Melbourne."
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/01/03/sports/AS_SPT_TEN_Philippoussis_Injury.php
And Alan Jones,speaking on behalf of the poo camp, says this may be the end of his tennis career.
Why is Jones speaking on behalf of the poo?
I sure have missed something there.
Anyhow,SORRY POO! I will endeavour to keep my superduperpowers in check,but I sure do wish someone would knock the tinfoil hat off John Howards pointy head so that his bottom lip can finally engulf his entire head as intended by my superduperpowers.
~~~~~~~~
Why has the entire US continent shut down for the funeral of a President no one paid much attention to when he was alive?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Hey President Ford was on the Simpsons, that's got to count for something.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may have already stumbled upon the way to run faster during your dash by the wedding party.

Next time, try running into a biker bar and stealing a Foster's from one of the regulars.

And speaking of stumbling, it's true we never paid much attention to Pres. Ford.

But now after his death, when we compare him to our current President, he appears to be positively Lincoln-esque....

DanQ

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must use your powers for good not evil!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Howard was a guest commentator on the cricket yesterday. You know, as a commentator he makes a great Prime Minister!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home