Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's the 2nd already?

Friday: speedwork 3x3minute
Saturday: LSD and then a long slow distance run 1 hour 15min
Sunday: Last run for 2006! 3.5km recovery on the dreadmill

I decided to make my last long run of the year a special event and drove out to the Perth foreshore so that I could run along the beautiful Swan River.
I had completely forgotten about the Hopman Cup and was muttering about tourists hogging all the parking spaces,but it gave me a little incentive nudge to run with my butt held high because you just never know,Mark 'the poo' Phillipousis could have been watching.

Isn't it time he stopped trying to pretend he can play tennis and just did something useful like become full time eye candy?

It was a hot afternoon with most people opting to lie in the shade,but I was running slow and easy and feeling pretty good.

I even liked the shade of avocado being worn by the bridesmaids as I turned onto a jetty that runs along a fake canal which resulted in me running through a wedding party casually standing on the decks,next to a speedboat,sipping champagne ,darling!

I am quite sure one of the groomsmen must have been thinking about how it was kind of warm to be running,which was probably why he had his arm slightly out to the side,holding his champagne as he glanced over his shoulder (probably wondering what that thudding on the decking was..darling)

AND,that's why, as I casually ran past him,I said 'cheers' and grabbed the glass out of his hand and took a swig (sadly there was only one swig left)

Even if he didn't intend that,what was he going to do about it? Run after me?
I don't think they got too upset,and I did hear at least one cheer (as I slightly picked up speed)

Anyhow,I left the glass at the end of the deck!
I am pretty sure it cost more than the champers.

Still-maybe I'll wait a couple of weeks before running there again.

On new years eve,I sat with friends on the edge of the continent and watched the old year ebb away.
It was a big year, a first marathon,leaving my job,starting a new one,driving across Australia!


We watched the final sunset,


and I was filled with hope,dreams and optimism for the new year.

And now that banana's have come down to $5 a kilo, I think we're off to a swimming start!

Happy new year brothers and sisters:)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a classic! Taking someone's drink! Cheers, indeed. I would love to have seen that!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Woohoo for champagne stealing. That's brilliant. A few times when I've been running around the Yarra, I've been tempted to swipe a sausage off people's bbqs :)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year- I used to love running along the Swan when I stayed with my brother in Nedlands-but I never had the guts to snaffle anyone's champagne!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate the new year!

A champagne run ;) and then watching the sunset over the ocean...

Happy New Year! :)

DanQ

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dropped some fish and chips off the back of a car at Cottelsoe. Did anyone snaffle them?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Champers stealing - classic!
Take a bow!

Happy New Year!

MAR.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home