Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday,December 11th, 2006

Today; 5km Dreadmill;Weights-biceps/chest

Whoy.
What a week it was.What a week it will be.

I have been straddling 2 jobs and frankly,the atomic wedgie it's giving me is making me a little distressed.

Change is hard.
I enjoy change,I need change,but change freaks me out!

I am feeling slight distress about leaving my old job this week. Only because it's hard to let go.Even when you know it's the right thing to do.

I'm feeling distressed about the new job.I've had 2 shifts and, I feel awkward. It's that sense of feeling that you have to prove yourself to people.

Voice in head : " No seriously.I DO know what to do on this machine.I swear."

And having to establish a rapport.

Voice in head : 'Uh.Hi.Yeah well,you probably aren't that interested but um. I'm here to help you.No seriously. Iam.Did you just snicker at me?'

I don't know why I'm feeling like this but I do think it may come from my anal desire to have things end and begin neatly.At the moment it's like a mish mash of old and new.I want to grieve my old job and celebrate my new.But I can't seem to do either.

I think we need a new emotion to describe that.How 'bout grieppiness?

My cuppeth of grieppiness overfloweth.

Tomorrow the old crew are taking me out for lunch.I really didn't want a fuss or anything made of my imminent departure,but I eventually gave in because who am I to deny them and extended lunch?

It's time to think of the positives.

A shark hasn't bitten off my leg.
Paparazzi haven't given me a gyneacological examination with their camera lens,and, I don't have a blonde stick insect attached to my hip.

Now THAT'S hot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Well, theres 3 good reasons to smile right there!

Sure once you are finished with the old and had time to adjust to the new, you'll be just dandy!

MAR.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the spirit! It could always be worse....

I think , and I hate to say it this way, that your reaction to this change in your life sounds perfectly NORMAL to me.

I hope you enjoy your extended lunch and survive your bout with grieppiness....dan the buttman

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home