Saturday, January 13, 2007

I want you back

Tuesday;8km run
Wednesday; Cardio,25min Arc,25min Bike
Thursday; Rest
Friday;Hills, 4%incline,5x2min intervals,4km total

Last year I had quite a public break-up.
I didn't mean for it to be quite so public,but sometimes,when you discover information about yourself that changes your whole perception of your own self,it's very hard to keep it quiet.

I discovered,or at least, I THOUGHT I had discovered that I don't need a whole lot of stability.

This discovery coincided with a new love that came into my life.
I wanted the world to know about it!

But,since then,things have changed.I have experienced new things and although it may still be true that I am ok with little to no stability,the truth is that in order for me to accomplish my goals, I actually do need a little of it.

As a result,I have come to the conclusion that as much as I have enjoyed my Mizuno Wave Creations,who have given me many a joyous short-medium run,perhaps they have not been the best shoe for longer distances.

Admitedly,my enthusiasm for them has worn them out at a far greater speed than my previous lovers, Asics.
I just have this quiet niggling thought that I shouldn't have switched shoe brands a month out of the marathon.

And so,last week we broke up.
I sent them a 'Dear John" letter.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"It's not me, I think it's you"

And with swallowed pride, I asked Asics to take me back.
But rather than return to Kanyano, whom I think really did try and quash my freedom too much, I have begun a new relationship with the less rigid 2120.

I think...it's for the best..and,although still early days, I think that love blooms.





~~~~~~~
I sure wish people would stop insinutating that Becks' move to LA Galaxy has ANYTHING to do with $322 million dollars.
For YEARS now he and that Valentino draped fence post he drags around have shown that their lives are based on good simple living and doing unto others.
Their quiet ability to resist and indeed buck the Britsh economic class system while they shove African mined diamonds into their orrifices should be an example to us all.
FUTHERMORE, LA Galaxy's home stadium has a seating capicity of 27,000!
That's as big as the West Australian Cricket Association's ground!
That's nearly 1/3 the size of Wembley or Real Madrid's stadium.
Clearly,soccer is booming in the United States.
Damn naysayers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!..I knew you'd come crawling back to Asics!

I can be feel smug because I have been nothing but faithful. And,FYI, I have just started wearing my new 2120's. :)

Yes, people here have become raving soccer fanatics now that Beckham is coming.

It will probably do as much for pro soccer in the US as the Pele signing in the 70's....DanQ

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've yet to form a really close relationship with my runners. It certainly hasn't been love at first sight - but then it's the "running" that is the problem - the shoes are helping all they can in the circumstances. So all I can say is that we have developed a strong friendship, that may blossom over time.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I'll take your poor unloved Mizuno's in ;-) I'm head over heels for my Wave Inspire's and the 3's are even better than the 2's *sigh*

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

car insurance san diego
car insurance policy
best car insurance rate
texas car insurance
compare car insurance
car insurance estimate
car insurance los angeles
fresno car insurance
low cost car insurance
online car insurance rate
general car insurance
florida car insurance
discount car insurance
online car insurance rate
low cost car insurance online
car insurance los angeles
low cost car insurance
florida car insurance
car accident insurance
low cost car insurance
buy car insurance
progressive car insurance quote
car insurance coverage
low car insurance
cheap car insurance for young driver
young driver car insurance
washington car insurance
online car insurance
aarp car insurance
car insurance n

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
progressive car insurance quote

8:37 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

OMG, I think someones hinting that you need insurance.... do ya think?

I'm with ya all the way on the Beckham score. Opps, vowed to never utter (nor type) that name again a while back... Ah well.

MAR.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home