Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stella,is less than stellar

Sunday:20km

Monday: x Training-swim 30minutes,bike 30minutes

Tuesday:14km

Wednesday: x Training-arc trainer 20minutes, circuit weights 30minutes

Thursday: 10k Tempo run including 2x1km@ 4.56



I was surprised I ran 2x1km at 4.56.

I don't think my pace has ever been,on average,faster than about 5.20.

The little speedwork that I have been doing over summer is my first experience at it.

I have been 'seriously' training for events for only the past 2 years.

In 2005 it was for my first half marathon and last year my first full.

During that time my goal was really just to make the distance,even though I did have some nominal times in my head.

Prior to 2005,I dabbled in running and would enter fun runs just to see if I could do it.

I remember the first time I ran for a whole hour without stopping!



Im kind of proud of that 4.56 today because during the whole time I kept thinking I wouldn't make it.I had set my watch to countdown 5minutes. I kept telling myself I was too slow,I felt too sluggish,I needed to slow down.

I have learnt to disconnect my legs from my head and they kept ticking over!



But,while I was telling myself that I wasn't going to make it, I also had that bloody song by Hinder playing in my head "Voice of an Angel"

With a fast and heavy backbeat.



I blame my experience at 'Nerves'.

All the music was played at that annoying march speed,and it's still going through my head!



Thankfully, I've stopped hearing 'Now move away from your station and prepare to check your heart rate" in my sleep





STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA



I cannot understand the stampeded caused by Stella Mcartney clothing being sold at Target.

Evidently, women were taking a wide berth away from the stressed tracksuit pants and hightailing it for the Mcartney label!



I don't understand why.



I mean. I love clothes,and although I'd unquestioningly pay $300 for running shoes, and $50 for running shorts, I'd never spend $200 on an overstretched jumper being passed off as a dress.



Didn't Stella go through a stage of being 'known' for her designer t-shirt's with a horse head printed on it?

Wasn't that her claim to fame?





I'm sorry Stella, but Don Corleone did it way better in the Godfather!



I'm sorry consumers,but,in my opinion,the whole Designer Wear obsession is purely



4 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

Well done with the improvement, over the whole of your "project". What a sense of the amount that can be achieved in a short period of time.

Re stella I can't understand it either. I can sort of understand lining up to get cheap stuff, but lining up to get expensive clothes seems perverse. I am way too much of a tightarse.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

I'm at the stage where you were prior to 2005 - just entering fun runs to see if I can. And now you are running 5 minute k's!!! Right, so following a logical train of thought if I can run a half marathon and then a full marathon I, too, will be able to run 5 minute k's.

Geez, it sounds so hard.... And this is fun?

9:48 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Love the pic and I'm with ya in that its fine to spend hundreds on running gear, but the 'designers' can keep their 'labels' otherwise!

Great improvements there too BTW - agree the 'disconnection' thing works - stopping thinking, just do!

MAR.
MAR.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Stella. I always thought it was a shame that she made her career in the fashion industry rather than in music.

Who knows, she might have written another Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey type song to share with the world. ;)

Way to go on your running progress!

I currently have Corrine Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On" stuck in my head during my runs.

I sometimes sing it aloud and it bothers me that I can never hit any of the high notes. DanQ

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home